Blazon Sas coat of arms
sas coat of arms on central facade of uruski palace, warsaw, forms university of warsaw.
in 1843 former palace became property of count seweryn uruski herbu sas (1817–1890), marshal of nobility of warsaw province, privy counselor of imperial court , president of college of arms of polish kingdom, demolished former palace , commissioned architect andrzej gołoński design , raise new palace in place renaissance architecture. sculptor ludwika kaufman commissioned carve sas coat of arms in reverence of great progenitors of sas (saxon) house. after death of seweryn uruski in 1890 palace became property of wife countess ermancja tyzenhauz h. bawół, youngest surviving issue countess maria uruska h. sas (1860–1931) married vladimir Światopełk-czetwertyński.
burned during world war ii occupying german forces in warsaw uprising, palace remained in ownership of Światopełk-czetwertyński family until 1947, passed possession of university of warsaw. during years 1948-1951 palace restored architect jan dąbrowski. today houses department of geography , regional studies.
other blazon images
Comments
Post a Comment